Knox House is the perfect setting for your special event. Located on six private acres in Kilmichael, Mississippi, the 150-year-old house is set amid ancient oaks and serves as the centerpiece of your outdoor wedding ceremony, reception or family reunion. As you follow the columns across the front porch and down the side of the house along a 80-foot-long pergola-style covered walkway, you’ll arrive at the “back porch” where your guests can dance the night away on the 1,000 square foot deck. Or, you may prefer to watch the action from the cozy garden shed bar or from a tent just off the lower deck. Although the grounds are expansive the feeling of the venue is very intimate.
At twilight the pathways and wooded areas twinkle with candles in hanging jar lanterns. Rustic steps lined with azaleas and arching crepe myrtles create a pretty entrance leading guests from the north parking area up to the deck side of the house. Guests parking in the west parking area at the bottom of the front lawn enter through a wooded area, directly toward the front porch.
Your house for the day
Part of the charm of a wedding at Knox House is the opportunity to have the participation of friends and family in the preparations. You can tend to the details yourself or we’re happy to refer local vendors to help. We can also design packages for your special event.
- Venue rental fee for 2015 weddings is $2,500.00.
- Please contact us for more information on complete wedding day packages.
You should approach your event as if it were being held in your own home. Please be respectful. This is a private residence that we are happy to share, but a 150-year-old house is, after all, an antique.
- Two parking areas on the property with signage
- Wheelchair accessibility
- Bride’s Suite – dressing rooms for bride and bridesmaids in the Main House
- Groom’s Cottage – dressing rooms for the groom and groomsmen in the Guest House
- Piano available
- Guest access to the Main House, two restrooms, three reception rooms, the back porch and grounds
- Area for large tent just off the Lower Deck
- Self-catered bar area in the Garden Shed
- Capacity is 200 guests
House and grounds